WIPO reports about the launch of the upgraded version of the Global Brand Database. The change concerns mainly the interface which, according to WIPO, is more user-friendly now. The database provides some interesting stats for the searches too.
In general, this database provides access to:
- WIPO international trademarks under the Madrid protocol,
- national and regional trademarks shared by national and regional IP Offices,
- International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances (INN),
- WIPO appellations of origin under the Lisbon Agreement and
- WIPO emblems under Article 6ter. It includes WIPO data