Nowadays one of the most popular ways to attract consumers’ attention in order to convince them to purchase your product or service is to use the so-called social media influencers.
The reason is that consumers pay less and less heed to the classic advertisement, finding it too boring or not trustworthy enough. After all, every ad tells you that the promoted subject matter is the best one.
On the other side, social media influencers in the first place are just normal people expressing their thoughts which in many cases attract like-minded people who start to follow and believe them with time.
Based on this a new marketing channel has emerged offering great potential for marketing and sales activities.
In most cases influence marketing starts without planning, the relevant influence suddenly discovers options for monetarization and if done properly it could be a successful business model.
However, every business needs to be well organized and manage its assets including the intangible ones such as all sorts of intellectual property rights.
Because I’m passionate about this I’ve created a new Skillshare class that will teach every new or established influencer how to deal with intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, designs, domain names, etc.
All of this is really important because if done right it can boost the influencer’s business while if done badly it can jeopardize it.
Just for example, if one influencer does not know how to secure copyrights over the materials used on his or her channel this can lead to legal conflicts with the copyright holders.
If a popular influencer missed the point to register a trademark, someone else can start using hir or her distinguishing name or sign for unfair competition, similar social media channels, etc.
Social media influencers generate value with their work, value that has to be managed properly in order to become a sustainable business model.
In this class you will learn:
- What types of social media influencers exist?
- Why do Influencers need to understand intellectual property?
- What intellectual property rights can belong to influencers?
- What copyrights belong to influencers and how can they be managed?
- What are the copyright rules of social media platforms for every uploaded content?
- What influencers can protect as trademarks?
- How can influencers protect internet domain names and what do they need to bear in mind?
- How design rights can be beneficial for influencers?
- What role do trade secrets play for influencers?
- How publicity rights can help influencers?
This class will give you the knowledge of how one social media influencer can organize and manage his or her intellectual property rights building a strong and sustainable business project.
In case you are interested, you can use this link to my Skillshare class: https://skl.sh/3FOUiuk
Thanks for your interest!