WIPO introduced its new software for searching international trademarks called WIPO Madrid Monitor which will replace, as far as it is known, the current ROMARIN tool.
What’s new in the case of Madrid Monitor?
Generally, the new database is more intuitive, flexible and user-friendly, giving a wide range of details regarding trademarks’ status as well as some improved functions such as:
- Access trademark records using an intuitive search interface
- Compile, save and share search results and strategies
- Track the real-time status of your international trademark registration and related requests (including changes in ownership and renewals)
- Find out where protection has been granted or refused for your trademark
- Register to receive email alerts for changes related to trademarks of interest registered through the Madrid System
More information here.