The Turkish Parliament enacted a new law on trademark and geographical protection in the country. Some of the most interesting changes are:
- color and sound marks can be registered in Turkey moreover the requirement for graphical representation is abounded.
- trademarks identical to geographical indications will be not allowed, this is set in the absolute grounds for protection.
- an option for letter of consent by an earlier trademark owner is introduced.
- the opposition period is reduced to 2 months from 3 before that.
- an opportunity for mediation through the opposition proceeding in introduced.
- the national exhaustion of rights is replaced by international one.
- administrative cancellation of trademarks by the Patent Office under some requirements.
More information here.